Join us for the 44th annual Sam Lapidus Montclair Run, this year with a virtual twist! Registration is open now for this fun and rewarding, family-friendly, and safe event.
The Sam Lapidus Montclair (Virtual) Run will honor the short but very full life of Sam Lapidus, who died of Ewing’s sarcoma, a form of childhood cancer, in November 2008 – just nine days before his 15th birthday. Funds raised from the virtual run will be donated to the Alabama Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders at Children’s of Alabama and the Levite Jewish Community Center.
Don’t put your running shoes away just yet. The Sam Lapidus Montclair (Virtual) Run kicks off November 14 and goes through November 29 to get you in the holiday spirit.
As we approach Thanksgiving this year, we give thanks for all our friends and family, and for those who run and walk and support our efforts to put an end to childhood cancer.
HOW IT WORKS
REGISTER: Register online by November 29 (Must be registered by November 14 to be guaranteed a race shirt.)
GET READY TO RUN OR WALK TO CURE CHILDHOOD CANCER: Once you're registered, click the link below for full instructions on how to record your time and submit your results. (DO THIS BEFORE YOU RUN!)
Click here to learn more about how to run your virtual race.
Registered participants can begin running this virtual race event on Saturday, November 14.
Registration for this event will close on November 29 at 11:59PM. All registrants must run their virtual race by 11:59PM on Sunday, November 29. After that, time submissions will no longer be posted to the results
Must be registered by November 14 to be guaranteed a race shirt.
FUNDRAISING & TEAMS
At the center of our event is YOU – our participants! We need your help to make the biggest impact possible against childhood cancer. While your registration fee gets you to the starting line, it’s your fundraising dollars that will help find a cure.
Why create a team?
Being part of a team is fun! It creates a sense of community and accountability. Plus, forming a team increases participation which increases the impact we can make. Show your team spirit by rounding up your coworkers, friends, family, your child's soccer team, and your Mah Jongg group - and start or join a team!
CREATE CHANGE TOGETHER!
Once you’ve created a team you can encourage others to join your team. Team members can choose for themselves to run on their own, run together at a safe social distance, or sleep in for Sam and skip the run!
Create a Team or Join an Existing Team
- Creating or joining a team takes place as you complete your individual race registration.
- Click Register Now (green box at the top) and follow instructions for online registration.
- When you get to “Would you like to join or create a team?” use the drop-down menu to select “Create a New Team” or “Join an Existing Team”.
- Type in your team name or select an existing team from the additional drop-down menu.
- Finish the form and click continue
- Choose if you would like to add a donation to the Alabama Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders.
- Complete purchase form
- Share through Facebook by following the link to allow your friends to register!
Donate to a Team and Skip the Run
- Click Fundraising/Donate at the top of the page
- You may directly click the blue Donate box at the top, OR
- Type in the name of the team you wish to donate to. Once the team name appears, click “Donate Now” next to the team's name.
- Enter your donation amount and click continue
- Complete the donation form
- Click “Enter Payment Information”
- Enter information
- Share your donation on Facebook to encourage others to give!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Saturday, November 14: Start of the race period. You can run your race any time starting on Saturday, November 14.
Wednesday, November 25: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM: Drive-thru shirt pick up.
Thursday, November 26: Thanksgiving Day and the traditional day to run your SLMR. However, you do have a 2 week period to run your virtual race.
Sunday, November 29: The last day to run you race and upload your results.
10k and 5k: $36 (T-shirt included if registered by November 14. Not guaranteed after this date)
Fun Run: $18 (T-shirt included if registered by November 14. Not guaranteed after this date)
- Long-sleeve T-shirt to all 10k/5k entrants (Must be registered by November 14 to be guaranteed a shirt.)
- Short sleeve T-shirt to all Fun Run entrants (Must be registered by November 14 to be guaranteed a shirt.)
- Smart Phone app to track your distance and time
- Finishers certificate through the app
- Proceeds benefit the Levite Jewish Community Center (a United Way Agency) & the Alabama Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders at Children's of Alabama